Miami Beach, FL asked in Landlord - Tenant for Florida

Q: How do I stop my landlord from illegally evicting me. He is already putting my belongings outside. locked me out.

no eviction notice from the sherriff. just a hand written note saying that if i dont get my stuff out in three days they are giving it to the salvation army.

If you were to subpoena his phone records and see the texts he has sent he would definitely be convicted of harassment in the worst possible way.

He also has driven by on his scooter yelling obscenities late at night.

Im scared to call the police because i feel he will destroy my property in retaliation. Im locked out of the house. He has shut the water off multiple times. and has cut the electricity off of the main breaker outside.

This is an emergency going on as i write this. I need immediate help from someone. Please I beg anyone to help.

the house is located at

7945 Harding Avenue


The lease was in my boyfriends name, but the electric bill was in my name.

Another twist to this is my boyfriend is currently incarcerated for failure to appear in court.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Steve Louis-Charles
Steve Louis-Charles pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: Contact law enforcement right away and they will inform your landlord of the proper method to evict and allow you to place all of your belongings back inside of the premises. Your landlord has just engaged in "self help" and may now have exposed him or herself to civil remedies and penalties. Hope this helps...

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.