La Place, LA asked in Consumer Law, Real Estate Law, Foreclosure and Legal Malpractice for Louisiana

Q: Can a lawyer file a mortgage modification with missing documents to obtain a executor process to seiz property

I was fighting citi mortgage for over 5 years with a dispute in my modification sign contract, the contract states in full detail that I had a full year before their could Do any changes to my sign contact . Before a month was up they raise it, I refuse to pay it, and they foreclosed and we went to court. They turn in the modification with the pages missing the part were it shows a detailed payments and it specially saids That it reflects payments of the first year only. When my lawyer presented my copies to the courts, they pull the case out and never return it. I didn't have any money to file a lawsuit for a few years, in 2013 I hire a lawyer to go after them, but they gave us the delay tactics for a year. When they finally communicated with us, they sent the executor process for seizure at the same time. So we filled for a preliminary injunction, I change lawyer due to loss of income , they mishandle the case and left out the same pages the opposing attorney removed. Is this legal

1 Lawyer Answer
Douglas Lee Bryan
Douglas Lee Bryan
  • Marksville, LA
  • Licensed in Louisiana

A: If the bank is attempting to foreclose on your house, you need to get an attorney as soon as possible. Let the lawyer know that what the bank has filed is not a complete copy of the agreement, and they will address that issue for you. if you can't afford an attorney, contact your local Legal Services office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.