Perris, CA asked in Family Law for California

Q: After I enter a request to enter default how do I know it was granted and if it was what do I have to do to finalize

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Crista Marie Haynes
Crista Marie Haynes
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: When you file three copies of the request to enter default you must also provide to the court a stamped and postage paid envelop back to yourself and one to the opposing party. Once the Request to enter Default has been filed and accepted by the court you will received a filed stamped copy back in the envelop that you provided.

Once this step has been completed then you must file and serve your preliminary declarations of disclosure and all of the necessary attachments to the opposing party and then file form FL-141 with the court as your proof of completion of your preliminary declarations of disclosure.

Then once that step is completed you may file a default judgment and all of the necessary attached forms to complete the process and finalize your divorce. This step can be tricky and therefore it is advised that you seek help at the self help clinic located at the court house or you reach out to a competent attorney to assist you. If you have any further questions or need assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at my office.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.