Sapulpa, OK asked in Arbitration / Mediation Law and Civil Litigation for Oklahoma

Q: Is there a simple form to ask the court to order return of personal property held by someone?

1 Lawyer Answer
Thomas A. Grossman
Thomas A. Grossman

A: There is no simple way to use the Courts. You would have to file a civil complaint against the person who has refused to return your personal property. The easiest thing for you to do is file a small claims action against the person. It costs only about $20 (in California) to file, and the paperwork is not very difficult. You should go onto the local superior court website near where you live and look for self-help under Small Claims Court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.