Irving, TX asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma

Q: Name spelled wrong on warrant, place of arrest wrong but in report correct,used keys from my purse to get in house

I was in Sallisaw PD the night it says my warrant for unpaid fined was issued (4/28/17) but arrested on5/1/17 officer pulled my Friend over yet came to my window (passenger side) I gave her my phone before I was cuffed officer made her give him my phone threatened her probation if she didn't give him pass code. Assured me his body cam was on so me specifically telling him I was NOT giving him consent to look thru phone just to unlock it and call the person at my house to come get me out and that as soon as we got to jail phone would be placed on counter he opened the door to booking put me in there n shut the door disappearing with my phone also a few more things in report were incorrect

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL

A: This is not a fedral crime

What is the question?

You must have an attorney by now. You should confer with your attorney in a confidential setting, not in a public forum

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.