Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Oklahoma Federal Crimes Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Gov & Administrative Law for Oklahoma on

Q: Why am I being charged with operating a whiskey still with intent when it was in pieces, not operable and no intent

Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Aug 21, 2019

The prosecutor can charge you with anything. The key is being able to prove it. You need to hire an experienced trial attorney and discuss all of the details of your case in order to help your attorney determine the best legal strategy for your case.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: I sexted a teen who was 15 and I was 18 the situation happened almost 2 years ago am I okay?

Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Aug 15, 2019

If criminal charges were not brought at the time this occurred you are probably ok, but there is no guarantee. You can be held liable for the criminal action for up to 12 years after the discovery of the crime.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: How do I drop charges?

My ex boyfriend called me late one night and told me he was going to kill himself, I didn’t realize he didn’t mean he was going to kill me, the court paperwork says he comes to my home with intent to kill me with a gun, which was not true at all. They arrested him 30 mins always from my house... Read more »

Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Jul 23, 2019

Hire an experienced criminal defense attorney for your boyfriend who will work with you to have the case dismissed.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Criminal Law for Oklahoma on

Q: Is there a website where you can search federal cases and see the details like you can state cases for free?

I want to find the details from my fiance's federal case, for example his official charges and sentence terms. Is this public record? For state cases I use and find any public record on file with details. But I can't find this kind of information on the federal level?

Gary Kollin answered on Jul 2, 2019

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: When a federal law appears to contradict a SCOTUS majority opinion, but is not directly addressed; which preempts?

Melissa Oxford answered on Jun 17, 2019

It depends on when the federal law was enacted, before or after the opinion, and whether or not the opinion addresses the statute and declares it unconstitutional or otherwise invalidates it.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: Can the Da dispose a weapon in a case without having it tested for DNA or prints but get the defendant convicted

And in the process of disposing the weapon create a forfeiture and seizure but never send me or my attorney the final order of forfeiture I just filed motionfor DNA testing on the disposed firearm can this finally get dismissed

Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Jun 13, 2019

Yes, if the proper procedures are followed. There must be a court order to destroy evidence.

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: How do I find out what judge has been assigned to a federal case

I need to know what judge will be hearing the case of USA v. Brandon Hatchett case 5: 19-cr-00148-D in the United States District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma. I believe the court date is 7-9-19

Gary Kollin answered on Jun 7, 2019

Call the clerk’office

1 Answer | Asked in Banking and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: My mother had a payable on death benefit on her savings, checking and cd's. When is the money available to me?

my sister works at the bank. She spent most of the money in the checking before notifying me of the PD.

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 3, 2019

Not until someone delivers an original or certified copy of your mother's death certificate to an officer of the bank. If your sister is not a beneficiary and is taking money out of any of your mother's accounts that contain payable on death clauses she is stealing; report her.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: If charged with animal cruelty is it possible to just get fines?

Gary Kollin answered on Feb 24, 2019

Anything is possible

View More Answers

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: What could help my boyfriend from getting these charges against him what is some options

Gary Kollin answered on Nov 27, 2018

I do not know what "these" charges are.

Without a comprehensive review, it would be impossible to answer.

If he is facing serious charges, then a relatively small amount of money spent now may realize tremendous future savings.

Retain an attorney.

Or if he has not...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: if you are serving a prison term and have warrants in other counties what can you do to take care of it while in prison

My boyfriend is currently serving a 10 year sentence. He has an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court from another county that he got before going to prison and another warrant in a different county for failure to appear while he was in prison. What can he do to take care of both... Read more »

Gary Kollin answered on Sep 14, 2018

Is he in federal or state custody? If federal, he has to comply with Interstate Agreement on Detainers. you can probably find it by googling that and adding Oklahoma

If state, then he either files a motion or a petition for habeas corpus ad prosequendum

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: Can I get a felony expunged if I had a deffered sentence?

They said I wouldnt have a felony on my record if i finished paying. But i ran into trouble and couldn't further pay my probation towards the end. Am I able to go back and expunge it or reopen the probation and finish paying it off? Is there any way to fix this felony at all? Currently in college... Read more »

Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Sep 10, 2018

You need to find out if the case was dismissed. If it was not dismissed you need to hire an attorney to try to fix the problem.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: Name spelled wrong on warrant, place of arrest wrong but in report correct,used keys from my purse to get in house

I was in Sallisaw PD the night it says my warrant for unpaid fined was issued (4/28/17) but arrested on5/1/17 officer pulled my Friend over yet came to my window (passenger side) I gave her my phone before I was cuffed officer made her give him my phone threatened her probation if she didn't give... Read more »

Gary Kollin answered on Jul 6, 2018

This is not a fedral crime

What is the question?

You must have an attorney by now. You should confer with your attorney in a confidential setting, not in a public forum

View More Answers

3 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: Can a sentence be modified or reduced when laws change and punishments of crimes convicted of become less severe?

If a person is convicted on burglary 2 charges for auto burglary and while incarcerated a bill passed changing that to burglary 3 with a much lighter sentence, can the new laws apply to the inmate resulting in a modified sentence or release?

Gary Kollin answered on May 9, 2018

Please read the linked newspaper article below.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: Can a charge of as&b with a deadly weapon hold if they have no evidence an no report or pictures an no proof?

Doak Willis answered on Apr 17, 2018

If the DA filed those charges against you or someone else, I would bet they have evidence which they think can be used to prove the elements of the crime. In answer to your question it basically was answered by your question. If they have no proof they would be incapable of convicting someone of... Read more »

Q: While I was in a relationship we shared a computer,separate profiles & passwords. Is the info. on my profile protected?

While dating I made an account on my boyfriend’s Mac computer. After the breakup he went into my profile to get my iMessages. Once inside my profile (on his computer), without my permission. he found sexual fantasy text messages and is threatening to send them to my parents or destroy my chances... Read more »

Robert Donald Gifford II answered on Apr 7, 2018

It is not, however you should contact the other party to advise they have no consent to access your private accounts. You should also seek to protect those accounts. Should those accounts be accessed, it can constitute an illegal “hacking,” and you should file a police report immediately.

2 Answers | Asked in Child Custody, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: Will I get my child taken away?

My charges are two counts of distribution of cds (marijuana) and possession sold two grams total. the guy was a undercover cop this case is a little different I had just set up the deal basically my friend was selling the marijuana and I helped her make a sell she's also in the same case. This is... Read more »

Frank A. Urbanic answered on Mar 4, 2018

Stop admitting to committing crimes—online or anywhere else.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Family Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: If I press charges on my brother for physical and emotional abuse on my son will cps finally get my daughter out too?

My son in foster for reporting his uncle choked him and hit him and his sister my daughter also reported certain things to her school counselor. However daughter left there by cps but took my son now I fighting for him but not on paperwork for daughter plz help

Gary Johnston Dean answered on Jan 22, 2018

I'm really sorry no one answered your question earlier. It so old now, you have probably found an answer elsewhere. If you still have questions about this ask your question again, and give as many detailed facts as you can. Take care, and good luck to you.

Please visit my website,...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: Could my fiance be charged if he wasnt present for the crime?

My fiance is being charged with eluding police officer, running a roadblock, and assault with a dangerous weapon. The occupants of the vehicle claimed he was the driver of the vehicle who ran from the scene. Can he be charged with the said crimes without physical evidence that he drove the vehicle?

Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Oct 26, 2017


1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Oklahoma on

Q: Must state/federal LE have a warrant to search phone records, inquire billing info? Is it law to inform the owner?

Keegan Kelley Harroz answered on Oct 26, 2017

Yes, a warrant is required to obtain records belonging to someone without their consent. If a warrant is obtained the owner of the data has no right to be notified.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.