Glendale, AZ asked in Landlord - Tenant for Arizona

Q: I live in a mobile home technically owned by my daughter, which she bought from my mom and dad for her and I to live in.

We've been having issues due to her alcohol problem but long story short, her dad, who lives in CA is here trying to get into this place. Our daughter is out of town in Indiana. I do not want him coming in here because the reason I left him was due to abuse. I really need to know if I have to let him in if my daughter says he can because technically she owns the place and technically I am a renter. I've called the police dept. who gave me some number to "The Landlord People", which turned out to be the state atty. gen's office. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone... Please help me!

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Randi Sirlin
Randi Sirlin
  • Phoenix, AZ
  • Licensed in Arizona

A: Unfortunately, because of how factual the problem is, I believe you need to consult with an experience attorney who is versed both in the Arizona Landlord Tenant act and family law.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.