Binghamton, NY asked in Insurance Bad Faith for New York

Q: My father died almost three years ago and his home where I lived and rental properties were in trust and transferred to

me ...I have been paying homeowners on all and it has come to my attention that the agent did not put my name on the policies she liable for not correcting this and can I get the money I paid in premiums on policies that she still kept in my fathers name for some reason reimbursed to me..I obviously will change agents.I am angry to say the least.The agent is a former neighbor and attended my fathers funeral.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
William P. Lalor
William P. Lalor
  • Insurance Claims Lawyer
  • Wilton, CT
  • Licensed in New York

A: I don't fully understand your situation, but if there was an underwriting mistake or omission, whether because of the agent or otherwise, as a result of which you are not an insured when you ought to have been an insured, you might have avenues to pursue.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.