Carmichael, CA asked in Criminal Law and Education Law for California

Q: This Individual committed a fraud and we a group of 7 got a judgment, would like to file a criminal case and more.

Also would like to know our limitations, also a gov. agency connected to this case negligence on thier part cause us financial problems till now. Our current lawyer is not following up on our case...which we understand collection is not their line. We want an aggressive lawyer to present us again if possible. Our case is also in the web Arthur Chen vs IME....we would like to file a criminal fraud case to this Individual becasie he is knows how to get out how to transfer his and her money so we cannot collect, also a gov agency that closed down the schools in California that we believed committed also a negligence on their part and would like to know the statute of limitations, sorry for my English wording...its hard for me to write a sentence and hope you understand. Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: more info needed

I have a hunch your lawyer is handling this on a contingency????

most lawyers I know would only do so on an hourly. are you in a position to retain a good lawyer?

if so I will try to refer you once you get all the info organized.

if you are suing a governmental entity, there are strict statutes of limitation which, without all the facts, I would guess are 6 months to file.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.