Palm Desert, CA asked in Criminal Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law and Civil Rights for California

Q: Hi, I've live in and owned my mobile home for the last 12 years. It is located in California. The harassment from my

neighbors over the last 2 years is unbearable. Decided to sell and was getting it ready. What I thought was harassment before, was child's play. The property damage, emotional torture and a recent testicular cancer diagnosis, are too much for me. I've gone to the police, FBI and everyone I could think of begging for help. All were nice but unable to help. I'm at the end of my candy cane. I just want to sell and live out my limited time left. The neighbors want me to suffer, rather than sell. I don't want to go this route but I can't take it. Please, help.

Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Palm Desert, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: need more info

this is not my area of law........however if you have not had satisfaction from anyone else and the facts warrant a lawsuit, you can always go into small claims court and sue for up to $10k......and no attorneys for either side. Maybe demand $10k and when they do not pay sue in small claims.

of course, you have the burden of proof of proving damages.

i would send a letter memorializing the facts first

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.