Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
California Civil Rights Questions & Answers
1 Answer | Asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law, Agricultural Law and Civil Rights for California on
Q: A farmer forced out of business gave the quad to my neighbor no bill of sale we hooked it up to a trailer to fight fires

We desperately need it this year but the sheriff's department took it because it wasn't registered in my neighbors name is that legal and no it wasn't stolen it was given to us by a farmer they had to go out of business and the sheriff's department did a search and seizure without a warrant and my... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Mar 31, 2020

were you cited for it? or just confiscated?

more info needed.

though it probably should have been registered, if you went to court and presented this info to a judge i don't think you would be punished.

2 Answers | Asked in Contracts, Appeals / Appellate Law, Civil Rights and Legal Malpractice for California on
Q: lawyer withdrew from case. sent letter of declining further representation, then withdrew the withdraw

lawyer filed my case in appeals on her decsion , then filed a motion to withdraw and sent me a letter declining further representation. then without my knowledge withdrew her withdraw. she is back on the case with out asking me. 1) doesn't she have to ask me if i want her to get back on the case 2)... Read more »

Kenneth Sisco
Kenneth Sisco answered on Mar 29, 2020

Since taking on the category of Legal Malpractice, I have received hundreds of calls from people relating the horror stories of what their attorney has done to them. My only take away, is that we can only speculate as to why any attorney does anything.

I would suggest, you spend a few...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Libel & Slander and Small Claims for California on
Q: i have been staying at this hotel in cali for 2 months same room never checked due to coronavirus I cant pay

becuase i cant work on the 22 I was told I owe 250 in which the manager wouldn't give me my receipts because I would get lawyer then the police were called to remove me I told them what happened they said to be out by the next day and left thats when the hotel manager said she was wrong I owed... Read more »

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Mar 29, 2020

I can't even make out what your question is. You can't go anywhere due to the coronavirus restrictions, so just stay where you are. The hotel will get paid eventually by the government, so there's no reason to worry about anything.

Always be polite with the police. And try to be reasonable...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Constitutional Law for California on
Q: What to do in a civil court case concerned a cat we considered a stray/neglected?
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar answered on Mar 27, 2020

There's a section here for Animal/Dog Law. If you wanted to try reposting there (there's no guarantee that all posts receive responses), you might have better chances of your question being seen by someone knowledgeable in this area. Good luck

Tim Akpinar

4 Answers | Asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for California on
Q: I was passenger in an auto accident. I didn't go to the hospital after the accident, but now I'm in serious pain.

What do I do next and do I pick a doctor lawyer? I didn't get the other party's info yet, should I do that before I do anything? What do I need to bring to these appointments? Thank you

William John Light
William John Light answered on Mar 24, 2020

First, get needed medical attention. It's always a little suspicious when people get lawyers before they see a doctor.

Second, make a police report, if you haven't done so already.

Third, get a consultation from a personal injury attorney. Any attorney that you hire will work with...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Civil Litigation and Civil Rights for California on
Q: I sent carmax a letter of demand and sent the proof they ignore me when I send all of the proof

They do not email me back whenever I send they proof they ask me for ( trying to dodge the bullet and act as if they never received it) the contacts were manipulated and I don't know where I can find am attornery I have inquired online haven't heard back

Daniel Timothy LeBel
Daniel Timothy LeBel answered on Mar 23, 2020

Dear Consumer,

It is not unusual for a business, particularly a large corporation, to ignore consumer complaints. To protect your interests going forward, try to always communicate in writing. If you feel that you cannot get relief on your own, you should contact a reputable consumer...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Employment Law, Business Law, Civil Rights and Health Care Law for California on
Q: My company does not comply with the State of California's "Stay at Home" order and is not within the critical businesses

While many of my company's employees have began working from home, a few departments are being required to go into the facility to continue work.

The company is not within any of the critical business sectors outlined within... Read more »

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Mar 21, 2020

First, you should comply with the state Stay at Home order as best you can. If you have a critical position within the company, you should discuss the issue with your immediate management or someone in Human Resources, if there is one in your company. Generally, use good common sense for yourself... Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for California on
Q: I live with my partner who is a felon I own a gun If an intruder breaks in & fears his life can he use my gun
Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Mar 18, 2020

This question should be answered by lawyers who practice criminal law. I don't, but it is my understanding that your partner, if he lives with you, could be in violation of the terms of his parole, if he is on parole, simply by living in your property where he knows that a firearm is present. Even... Read more »

Q: How can I prove I am being harassed by the city

Code enforcement is harassing me. Now they are targetting my neighbor for helping me

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Mar 10, 2020

You need a lawyer who knows how to protect your civil rights. Code enforcement harassment can result in liens against your property which then drive up your mortgage payments and can put you in danger of losing your home if you can't afford the new payments your mortgage company can force on you if... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, White Collar Crime and Civil Rights for California on
Q: Who can i go to to report a crime when that criminal is the same authorities of the city

This is a big civil case there’s big corruption in this city, they ignore my demands even if i show the legislature that proves them wrong, i need an attorney who is willing to go against a P.D. And fire department to the extent that i know they have crushed my rights

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Mar 9, 2020

more info needed.

not my area of law.

however, i would be careful about posting on an open forum.

i assume you are not in a position to hire a lawyer on an hourly and need a lawyer on a contingency.....that is not my firm.

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Civil Rights for California on
Q: Im married, What rights do I have to travel with my daughter out of state?

I live in California and I would like to attend a funeral in Oregon with my daughter. My husband hates my family and has threatened to call 911 and claim I kidnapped our daughter if I attempt to take her out of state. I'm wondering what rights I have to travel with her and/or what actions I can... Read more »

Ethan M. Weisinger
Ethan M. Weisinger answered on Mar 4, 2020

Absent a court order, you are permitted to travel with your children freely, without any restriction. As a parent of your children, you have authority to travel with them, unless a court imposes restrictions on your ability to travel. If your spouse calls the police on you, tell the police that... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Intellectual Property and Municipal Law for California on
Q: Our house was condemned due to a fire and i dont have any place to go my boyfriend's parent's own the house but was

Arrested for tresspassing twice his parents knew we were staying there and i missed my court dates cause i dont have any transportation to get from barstow to Victorville now i have warrants am i going to go to jail

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Mar 3, 2020

more info needed.

you need to get a public defender to surrender you to the court to quash the warrant and explain to the court your position.

be careful posting on an open forum like this as anyone can read it..........

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Civil Rights for California on
Q: Need to know my ADA rights, I'm being denied access to public restrooms
Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Mar 3, 2020

more info needed.

google lawyers who handle Americans with disabilities act cases IN YOUR area.

most of us do not know much about that area of law, other than the law demands you have access.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for California on
Q: How do i obtain a civil rights attorney for my domestic partner who is incarcerated at Calaveras county detention

Suit was filed after he was beaten by guards at SJ County jail in 2016 he was denied medical attention. He is hearing impaired. He was given a document from internal affairs after they investigated and they side with my partner Ronnie.

Ronnie has kept this law suit moving forward but he is... Read more »

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Mar 3, 2020

Easy. Just Google "Civil Rights attorney" and then start making calls to the many lawyers and law firms which come up in your search results. Have the case number handy so you can give it to the attorneys when you call. Have all the documentation ready to turn over, and make sure you keep the... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for California on
Q: Can I sue the City of San Diego for age discrimination related to the scooter ban?

Many seniors, like myself, depend on pedal assist ebikes for exercise and transportation. California law permits pedal assist bikes on Class 1 bike paths designated for pedestrians and bicycles. However, San Diego's scooter ban includes pedal assist electric bikes. The city has effectively... Read more »

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Mar 3, 2020

I'm not too sure about suing for age discrimination, but you can certainly sue for violation of your civil right to choose your mode of transportation in the safest possible manner. Of course, you will need a good civil rights lawyer and a good firm to represent you in this very interesting case.... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Personal Injury and Civil Rights for California on
Q: What is the block for directed energy? What is app. one can download on a cell phone. And a scrambler for drone?


Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Mar 2, 2020

you may want to google it rather than asking a lawyer on an open forum

3 Answers | Asked in Landlord - Tenant and Civil Rights for California on
Q: Im autistic and have a hard time with life all together. In a hand basket, my landlord is bribing me to move tommorow

I told him I have no were to go and there's no way I can move all thats been left here. I told him to excuse me because its extremely hard for me to.process my emotions with this be homeless or stay for my 30 days he hasn't served me with. He keeps pushing me too take the 500 dollars and be... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Feb 28, 2020

more info needed.

i handle DUI and PI and not this area of law.

however, he legally has to give you 3 day notice and then unlawful detainer where you would have 30 days to i understand the law.

if he does anything else call your local police...unless you get...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Litigation, Civil Rights and Libel & Slander for California on
Q: Next door neighbor violates our Order of Protection against her. Talks her way out of any consequences every time.

We were granted an Order of Protection against our nxt door neighbor. She threatened to shoot and kill my wife. The Order is effective until July 2022. However figures out ways and executes any means to violate our Court Order. Everything from breaching the distance she is allowed to come within my... Read more »

Dale S. Gribow
Dale S. Gribow answered on Feb 27, 2020

more info needed.

contact lawyer who assisted you on protective order or police or DA/s ofc that issued order with summary of facts

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights for California on
Q: What can I file to get this CPS case thrown out!?

CPS illegally took my baby from the hospital no warrant was ever served! Can u file a motion to dismiss for lack of due process? Or what exactly are my options?

Louis George Fazzi
Louis George Fazzi answered on Feb 25, 2020

You need to ask this in the proper forum. This one is for legal questions for California residents. You need to ask this of Texas lawyers, or otherwise explain why you are posting this for California lawyers.

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights and Sexual Harassment for California on
Q: Is it a crime to use physical force to enter a hotel room where you have been told not to enter?

A family member knocked on my hotel room door. My husband answered by cracking the door open. The person asked to speak to me and my husband told him no because I was not dressed. He said he wanted to speak to me. I was laying in our hotel room bed naked- and I too responded that I was naked. He... Read more »

William John Light
William John Light answered on Feb 24, 2020

Possibly trespassing. Call the police if you think you are a crime victim.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.