Minot, ND asked in Sexual Harassment for North Dakota

Q: I was sexually harassed at my job by the general manager I made the complaint to the owner of the company I was terminat

On several occasions this man make gestures to me about him and his wife having an open relationship the night I work the bar wedding reception he stayed the entire time down there with me seven and a half hours and rubbed up against me continuously and if I needed to help in this area help but I did not need the help this bar area is too small for two people only one that been in there just being comfortable I stated this to him many times and he still proceeded to stay I was uncomfortable I thought of everything I could to leave but I knew I cannot afford to leave I need my job I made a complaint to the owner two days later I was terminated

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Lucas Wynne
Lucas Wynne
  • Duluth, MN
  • Licensed in North Dakota

A: You should retain a lawyer to assist you. If your story occurred as-described, you likely have a claim. Attorneys like myself assist people who are wrongfully terminated for similar reasons.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.