North Dakota Sexual Harassment Questions & Answers

Q: In North Dakota, If a girl is younger than 15, and says she is 18, (and looks 18) can you be charged for GSI?

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for North Dakota on
Answered on Sep 7, 2018
Lucas Wynne's answer
Yes, your best bet is to call a criminal defense lawyer like myself to discuss your options before you speak with anybody or post information about your case online.

Q: I was sexually harassed at my job by the general manager I made the complaint to the owner of the company I was terminat

1 Answer | Asked in Sexual Harassment for North Dakota on
Answered on Aug 14, 2018
Lucas Wynne's answer
You should retain a lawyer to assist you. If your story occurred as-described, you likely have a claim. Attorneys like myself assist people who are wrongfully terminated for similar reasons.

Q: sexual assault

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes and Sexual Harassment for North Dakota on
Answered on Feb 9, 2018
Nicholas Nelson's answer
There are too many unanswered questions to render any legal advice. "He said, she said" testimony may or may not be admissible in court proceedings. Statements by the defendant, your fiancé, are likely to be admitted into evidence, and testimony by the alleged victim may or not be admissible depending on if the alleged victim testifies in court or if the testimony is admissible under the Federal Rules of Evidence.

This is general legal advice, and I am unable to render adequate legal...

Q: I'm 16 and pregnate, the father is 18 how do we keep him from getting in trouble so he can support us?

1 Answer | Asked in Juvenile Law, Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for North Dakota on
Answered on Oct 5, 2017
Lucas Wynne's answer
If you were older than fifteen at the time the child was conceived and the other party is within three years of your age and the act was consensual, no law has been broken.

Q: Sexual assault

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Sexual Harassment and Criminal Law for North Dakota on
Answered on Oct 5, 2017
Lucas Wynne's answer
The prosecutor and police will collect evidence ton use against your fiancé, the court procedure will include multiple appearances and may include a trial. If your finacé doesn't have an attorney, then your fiancé will be in a very difficult situation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.