Inverness, FL asked in Child Support for Florida

Q: What is the process to request a change of venue regarding nonpayment of child support/contempt of court in Alabama?

Noncustodial parent in arrears of $39,000, paying NO child support which places him in contempt of the court order. Current venue is profoundly rank with conflict of interest and obstruction of justice.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Sarah E. Kay
Sarah E. Kay
  • Tampa, FL
  • Licensed in Florida

A: There are several potential legal issues embedded in your question such as contempt, enforcement, and jurisdiction. You should consult with qualified family law attorney to explore all your options. You may want to consider conferring with an attorney in the jurisdiction of the court which entered the original order (for example, if an Alabama court originally entered the order, you should confer with an Alabama family law attorney) as well as the jurisdiction where the person who is supposed to be paying the child support is residing.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.