Lakewood, WA asked in Personal Injury and Car Accidents for Washington

Q: So 2 years ago I joined a wreck that had already happened

2 years ago I joint a wreck that had already happened the lady admited that and she had also told officers and my father and I that she had fallen the day before now 2 years later she is sueing me on fails clames because the pllice didnt do there job and the written reports are all missing and no longer there/were not filed but I feel so hurt lile I'm better off dead personally wouldnlike to sue the police and hold them accountable for there screw up any hekpbwith this

1 Lawyer Answer
Peter N. Munsing
Peter N. Munsing
  • Personal Injury Lawyer
  • Wyomissing, PA

A: I suggest you let the insurance you had or on the car you were in handle this. If you believe the wreck wasn't your fault and you were hurt if it's not yet three years you may have a claim for your injuries. Forget the stuff with the cops--that's a dead end and a waste of time and energy. There likely is a report it may be you asked the wrong jurisdiction.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.