Asked in Child Support and International Law for Alabama

Q: Once my son’s father is served can he leave the country to go home, India. Can his bank be levied, Works at Pay Pal.

He makes 175 k per year.

Bank account 100k +, business share hold in India, property holder in India.

He works in California Pay Pal

He is here on a H1B visa

He mails milk and diapers

He advised if I file he will book tickets same day he is served.

He has a larg back account in US

He has a large shared account with his mother he puts money in, in India

What can i do ensure he pays and can’t leave the country.

***Are there any terms or agreements with India to have his wages garnished if he does leave?

1 Lawyer Answer

A: Is this an Alabama matter?

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.