Yonkers, NY asked in Criminal Law for New York

Q: I was arrested in 2004 and never got a disposición how can I get one after so long and is it even possible??

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Michael D. Litman
Michael D. Litman
  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • White Plains, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: I'm not sure I fully understand your question, but you can go to the clerk's office of the court that the case was in to find out what happened. You should also be able to get a certificate of disposition from the court if the case was finished.

If you are talking about a warrant, where you did not show up to court when you were supposed to, then you need to hire an attorney to vacate the warrant and try to finish the case.

Kristen Epifania agrees with this answer

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.