Tahlequah, OK asked in Federal Crimes for Oklahoma

Q: if you are serving a prison term and have warrants in other counties what can you do to take care of it while in prison

My boyfriend is currently serving a 10 year sentence. He has an outstanding warrant for failure to appear in court from another county that he got before going to prison and another warrant in a different county for failure to appear while he was in prison. What can he do to take care of both warrants while hes in prison so he's not picked up the second he's released from prison? He's been in prison for about 2 months.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Gary Kollin
Gary Kollin

A: Is he in federal or state custody? If federal, he has to comply with Interstate Agreement on Detainers. you can probably find it by googling that and adding Oklahoma

If state, then he either files a motion or a petition for habeas corpus ad prosequendum

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.