Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In
Questions Answered by David A. Cincotta
1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law for Oklahoma on
Q: Do I have to register as a violent offender if I was convicted in 1997 in the state of Oklahoma
David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta answered on Dec 13, 2019

It depends. Registration (violent registration and sex offender registration) issues are reliant upon case-specific facts and often prior versions of statute still apply to specific individuals. Therefore, there is no way to provide a simple yes or no answer to your question. There are... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law for Oklahoma on
Q: In Oklahoma with out a signed consent can cps/ dhs visit with my children without my permission if they are minors

Such as school or home alone if they don’t have ever exigency circumstances

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta answered on Dec 13, 2019

The short answer to your question is yes. DHS can visit with a child without parental consent when a parent (or person responsible for the child's health, safety, or welfare) is not present. That interview can occur at the child's school. If they do conduct an interview with a child at the... Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Appeals / Appellate Law for Oklahoma on
Q: In 2003 I believe an article was published in the Oklahoma Bar Journal that dealt with brief writing

The writer began by saying that appellate courts read a lot of writing and unfortunately they read a lot of poor writing. The article cited some cases in which lawyers tried to win their cases by disparaging the court or the opposition. I remember laughing at the brutal way the Oklahoma Supreme... Read more »

David A. Cincotta
David A. Cincotta answered on Dec 13, 2019

I could be wrong, but I believe the one you are looking for was published in 2006. Don Gifford wrote an article titled: Very Appealing Ethics. Oklahoma Bar Journal, Volume 77, Issue 34, December 9, 2006. Specific article is found on page 3471. I hope that helps!

-David Cincotta

View More Answers

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.