Shinglehouse, PA asked in Probate and Real Estate Law for New York

Q: Can real property be transferred intestate (death 5 years prior) by surviving issue without probate to one issue?

Mother died five years ago. One issue lives in property and pays taxes. Other issues agree to transfer of property. Can it be done with Quitclaim Deed without going through probate. Property is only worth between 24 to 34 thousand. Allegany County NY

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer

Michael David Siegel

  • Probate Lawyer
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: A quitclaim deed is not the way to go, but if all issue sign a proper deed, you can do it without probate or administration.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.