Buffalo, NY asked in Traffic Tickets for New York

Q: Officer nevr served me a traffic ticket the clerk at the station handed it to me with the police report am I responsib

Ticket was running a stop sign causing an injury crash. I was never served by a police officer. The clerk handed it to me with the police report. Am I still legally responsible? Should I get an attorney?

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Aubrey Claudius Galloway

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Scarsdale, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: 1. It depends on the circumstances - I or any other criminal attorney can give you an answer on this - just call for a free consult - text - consult to 914-912-1555 and myself or my traffic guy Michael Palumbo will get back to you; 2. You definitely need to speak to someone (I will speak to you free) and will likely need a lawyer to make a motion to quash the charge (which depending on the lawyer will cost between $350 and $1000




Zev Goldstein

  • Traffic Tickets Lawyer
  • Monsey, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: Was it a police clerk? Sounds like service to me.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.