Tacoma, WA asked in Immigration Law for Washington

Q: My wife recieved an I-797C form extending her 2 yr green card 18 months. If we travel abroad will she be allowed reent

2 year green card expired 2/18. I-751 recieved 11/20/18. I-797C notice 8/18/18 extends green card 18 months. We would like to travel to Thailand in January to visit family. Will she be allowed reentry to US with old green card and this document. Is there anything else we can do?

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Noah Klug
Noah Klug
  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • New York, NY

A: Yes, she will be readmitted with the expired green card along with the I-797 receipt notice. No other document is required.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.