Asked in Bankruptcy for Texas

Q: Discrepancies on Bankruptcy Filings


Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Timothy Denison

  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Louisville, KY

A: Yes. You should make the trustee seater of anyfalsehoods in her filing. That is bankruptcy fraud.

1 user found this answer helpful

Jon Dowat

  • Bankruptcy Lawyer
  • Naperville, IL

A: If your allegations are true, your ex has lied to the Court.

With all deference to Counselor Denison, that your wife is getting away with fraud should not be a concern of yours. You obviously could not live with your wife, that is why you got divorced.

Why then do you attempt to undo the divorce by monitoring your wife's bankruptcy? Yes, it seems she has committed fraud. But unless the fraud impacts you adversely you should acknowledge that your wife's dishonesty is probably one of the reasons you got divorced and leave it at that.

Your obsession about what your ex-wife, who lives in a different state, is doing or not doing is wasting your time. This activity is preventing you from living your own life, and is generally unhealthy.

Hopefully, your concern about your ex-wife's apparent fraud is not motivated by catching her in wrong doing so you can extract revenge for the divorce.

You have no legal obligation to report this, you do not have the experience or training to determine if she actually has committed fraud. Time spend pursuing your ex-wife's possible fraud robs you of life. Do not build your emotional life around the weaknesses of other people, let it go!

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.