Corona, CA asked in Estate Planning, Real Estate Law, Probate and White Collar Crime for California

Q: How much time i have to make an objection to a probate case?My attorney did not object or challenge probate.Why cant he?

Title to my property was changed without my knowledge. Now my home is part of a probate court case and worse, it got sold! This was done fraudulently. I never transferred title over to anybody yet a Deed was recorded and signature looks like mine. But im certain that Notary does not have my fingerprint on that book. Finally i got money together so i went to speak to an attorney to help me stop this probate or atleast let court know theres a problem bcuz that was my house! The attorney i hired has been going to the court dates but he did not challenge or object to this probate case. He is continuing the probate case and says he cannot stop it. Is this true? Why probate cannot be stopped specially if there's Fraud going on? My attorney told me that now i am the new Administrator of my grandmas Estate but thats not what i hired him for. And why he asking me to open 3 bank accounts? If probate continues I'll have to split the money from sale of my house with uncle who trying to ROB me!

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Samuel Price
Richard Samuel Price
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: If the house is yours, and not in the estate, then you would have to bring a petition under Probate Code section 850 to challenge the title to the property. Discuss this with your attorney.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.