Charlotte, NC asked in Family Law and Education Law for North Carolina

Q: Can you help my son he is been accused of touching another student?

My son us 7 years old.. They called me to let me know that xxx had touched a student inappropriately on the bus..they took the girls statement and his.. He got suspended they called the police and dss.. I don't know if this is normal or if they acted like he was a criminal. I really need someone's legal opinion... Thank you

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson pro label Lawyers, want to be a Justia Connect Pro too? Learn more ›
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You need to not make any statements to police or DSS and lawyer up. You can likely thank that ridiculous #metoo movement for all the fuss over a 7 year old boy touching a girl on the bus but yes, if the girl's story can not be immediately and conclusively disproved, suspensions, police and DSS involvement are all normal these days. If you are financially well off expect a civil suit as well. Bottom line, if he touched her in an inappropriate way, that was likely criminal and instead of it being handled the way it should be, you can expect it to be blown way out of proportion and handled in a bungling and completely inappropriate manner. These days it is absolutely critical that you teach your little boys to essentially isolate themselves and stay away from all other people in general but especially to stay away from and have zero physical contact with girls. This is the world you have allowed a select group of idiots to create.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.