Hamden, CT asked in Family Law, Libel & Slander and Sexual Harassment for Massachusetts

Q: What type of lawyer am I looking for?

My boyfriend of 4 years has been living a double life and has a one year old child with another woman. He’s been using me financially, borrowing over $25k over the course of our relationship. I have PayPal transfer receipts and written promises of repayment, fraudulent reasoning for why he needed money, and loans out in my name. I don’t know that he could repay me, but I want a restraining order and help in contacting the other woman’s family. Could this be a felony? I also want to make sure that child is safe from him.

1 Lawyer Answer
Ali Shahrestani,
Ali Shahrestani,
  • New York, NY
  • Licensed in Massachusetts

A: You may have a case for breach of contract for the loans. As for the allegations of infidelity, you may want to contact the other woman via counsel. As for allegations of child endangerment of some sort, it depends on the facts. And do you need a restraining order for some reason? More details are necessary to provide a professional analysis of your issue. The best first step is an Initial Consultation with an Attorney such as myself. You can read more about me, my credentials, awards, honors, testimonials, and media appearances/ publications on my law practice website, www.AliEsq.com. I practice law in CA, NY, MA, WA, and DC in the following areas of law: Business & Contracts, Criminal Defense, Divorce & Child Custody, and Education Law. This answer does not constitute legal advice; make any predictions, guarantees, or warranties; or create any Attorney-Client relationship.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.