Garland, TX asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Support and Municipal Law for Texas

Q: I have a judge ordered CS payment due for 1/2019. Have 2 pay in full or can I split up pay as long as it's by 1/31/19?

I have a criminal case pending. Planed on turning myself in to fix issue but worried if I haven't made full required payment the judge requested. Criminal case and civil unrelated but I can still be held for back support unless I submit payment my order just says Jan 2019 I only have partial payment but must turn myself in before rest can be paid I will be able to make full payment by the 31st I'm just unsure how this all works or what rules are. Please help if you can.

1 Lawyer Answer
Rahlita D. Thornton
Rahlita D. Thornton
  • Houston, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Look at your order for the due date. Follow that. It should state the exact date that it is due. To be on the safe side pay be that date.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.