Texas Municipal Law Questions & Answers

Q: I have a judge ordered CS payment due for 1/2019. Have 2 pay in full or can I split up pay as long as it's by 1/31/19?

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Family Law, Child Support and Municipal Law for Texas on
Answered on Jan 9, 2019
Rahlita D. Thornton's answer
Look at your order for the due date. Follow that. It should state the exact date that it is due. To be on the safe side pay be that date.

Q: Can a city reimburse council members for purchase of concert tickets?

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets, Gov & Administrative Law, Municipal Law and Public Benefits for Texas on
Answered on Nov 14, 2018
Grant St Julian III's answer
It depends on the totality of the circumstances.

Q: f i got pulled over in n a traffic stop an the cops ask me an three other people to step out the car to search the car

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights and Municipal Law for Texas on
Answered on Jul 28, 2018
Grant St Julian III's answer
Talk with the attorney of the person charged with the offense; understand, however, that ownership is not the same as possession. Good luck.

Q: i had a no insurance citation...read below to find out how it went.. I was done very wrong because of a city clerk

1 Answer | Asked in Traffic Tickets and Municipal Law for Texas on
Answered on Feb 2, 2018
Grant St Julian III's answer
Deferred disposition is discretionary with the Court, so a Judge does not HAVE to grant it even if the DA recommends it, (i.e., no law was broken). That being said, there is no State Law that prohibits deferred on a no insurance citation, Call a local attorney.

Q: My wife passed,now my vehicle is at her mom's,(in my name).she made last three payments (only) can she hold it

1 Answer | Asked in Municipal Law, Consumer Law and Probate for Texas on
Answered on Jul 11, 2017
Tammy Lyn Wincott's answer
To be certain of what your options are you need to consult in-person with an attorney. Generally speaking, you do not acquire property by making payments on someone else's debt.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.