Wilmington, NC asked in Family Law, Child Custody and Child Support for North Carolina

Q: I'm on child support an I haven't seen my boy in years..I beg an beg no answer ..I pay my support

2 Lawyer Answers

Melissa Averett

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Chapel Hill, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You didn't actually ask a question, but I'm going to assume that you're asking how to get visitation with your son. You need to hire an experienced family law attorney, probably in the county and state where your son lives, and sue for custody and visitation.

Jammie Lynn Wacenske

  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Raleigh, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: Hello,

If you are wanting to have visitation with or custody of your son then you should begin the process of filing a complaint for child custody. I would definitely start with consulting with family law attorneys in your county since each county has different local rules and can get tricky. I would also try calling the Clerk of Court in your county (or the County that your son lives in if it is different) and ask them if they have any information for you to try to begin that process on your own if necessary.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.