Cincinnati, OH asked in Employment Law for Ohio

Q: I/fired/emplyer tried2force me to sit in/room w/over2 months worth of medical waste and threw a bio can at me filed ohsa

my employer like so many talked to me disrespectfully from the beginning but with the At Will law I know they can treat me however they want

In this case the employer had not disposed of medical waste for months and when I wouldn't sit with it threw a bio waste can at me .. Supervisor apologized

Next situation a patient seen another patient naked due to the poor setup. Filing that grievance sent supervisor back to tell me I had to much oxygen, I was too perfect and then instructed to do my job sloppy to save time. When I went to mangmt and said I'm still being harassed and intimidated mangmt said How

I started off by stating the waste mangmt and can toss; never got to the too much oxygen part instead was fired. Was told I'm not a good fit for them using words like harassment and intimidation

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
James J. Hux
James J. Hux
  • Cleveland Heights, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: Your employer could potentially be fined, but one thing to consider is if your employer terminated you in retaliation for your report. For that, you should contact an employment law attorney to discuss your situation in more detail.

Attorney James J Hux

Hux Law Firm LLC

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.