Asked in Immigration Law and International Law

Q: About passport and overstaying

Hello maam/sir,

I got a really hard problem, because im just 19 and my mom wont help me with this..

I leave in the philippines and am ahalf german.

My mom lost our passports years ago and did not renew our visa here in the philippines we came here year 2012 and now i wanted to go abroad for a job oppurtunity ive recieved..

But i cant fix my passport because i have no idea what i should do and how because my pass does not even have a copy so that i can show...

Can you pls help me with this and what about my overstaying in the philippines? Will there be a big penalty to me even if i was a minor that time anf even if im a half-half?

Kindly respond my question please thank in advance:)



1 Lawyer Answer

Allen C. Ladd

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Greenville, SC

A: So you need a new German passport, right? You will need to contact the German embassy (Botschaft) in Manila. Here is their Facebook page:

I don't know about overstaying in the Philippines, but I doubt it will be an issue for the country you wish to travel to. (I'm guessing it is Germany but it shouldn't matter. Philippines immigration issues don't follow you to another country.)

Viele Glueck!

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.