Brooklyn, NY asked in Consumer Law and Internet Law for New York

Q: Do I have a case if so what do I do

I purchased a clawee app & purchased coins the cams glitched making it impossible to win and it did it on almost every game they had the side cams angled on weird spots like the wall & in a clawee game that makes it so u can't judge where to drop it I contacted them for my money back they told me yes but I needed to send them the proof I explained to them I didn't have the proof bc there app doesn't save loosing game videos & they ignored me for about 3 months & ignored about 6 or 7 customer service emails now at the beginning of the game I purchased the vip package which meant I got a daily bonus for LIFE & now they updated the game & changed it to I don't get that bonus unless I buy coins & I only get it for 7 days they haven't answered in months I even reached out to there insta & facebook they finally responded on Facebook having the nerve to tell me not to use foul language yet there slogan is they have a new kick ass game I feel so disrespected and helpless in this situation....

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Jonathan David Warner
Jonathan David Warner
  • Albany, NY
  • Licensed in New York

A: So, you want to sue over a Facebook game...?

Read over the agreement you signed when you gave them money. This is likely where the trail will end, as you'll quickly discover that they probably have the right to do what they did.

Also, how much did you pay them? If we're talking about a few hundred dollars or less, it will cost significantly more to sue the company - if you have a case - than what you'd pay for an attorney.

Your best bet is to minimize longterm service contracts FB game apps or, better yet, stop doing so altogether.

Good luck!

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.