North Richland Hills, TX asked in Banking and Personal Injury for Texas

Q: My question is my ex-business partner and I before our business got going good we opened a mutual personal bank acct.

At my bank I had two personal active bank accts one in just my name, and one in my name and my mothers name After my bus. partner and I opened our acct. he started helping himself to my two personal bank accts He made telephone transfers 20K worth. Drawing money out of my personal accts. and putting the money into our acct. He was not authorized to do this. I contacted the bank they told me get a police report. Police said this is civil. I contacted the D.A. in Tarrant county they told me talk to the detective I did no help. I had one person at the bank tell me my partner had to be acting as me in order to do this. I bought a franchise I had to put my bank info in the contract thats how he accessed my bank accts. I am wanting a recording of him doing a telephone transfer. I was to be the one doing these transfers. The bank said to get a recording it had to be court ordered is this true do i have a case? I want to file criminal charges, our business is over. I did not use the bank acct.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Daniel John Christensen
Daniel John Christensen
  • Austin, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: I am so sorry to hear about this happening to you. While this is not the type of law we practice, I would encourage you to contact the State Bar Lawyer Referral Service and ask for a business litigation attorney. Good luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.