Oklahoma City, OK asked in Criminal Law and Domestic Violence for Oklahoma

Q: How can I file for a motion to dismiss

2 Lawyer Answers

Keegan Kelley Harroz

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Oklahoma City, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: DO NOT try to represent yourself. In criminal cases most judges will require you to hire an attorney. You need to hire an experienced criminal attorney to help you with this case.

Arnab Kumar Banerjee

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • kolkata, west bengal

A: according to section 504 of title 22 of Oklahoma statute after preliminary hearing the defendant can file a motion to dismiss. he must established beyond reasonable doubt that there is insufficient evidence. after setting motion court will issue notice to all parties and a hearing date is fixed. if the motion is granted then the information or indictment would be set aside by court.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.