Port Townsend, WA asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Legal Malpractice and Medical Malpractice for Washington

Q: How do I track down the attorney that settled my suit out of court?

I'm trying to apply for SSDI and the judge needs some proof of the dental malpractice to prove mercury and other toxic compounds that seeped into my system causing neurological issues today. The case information dissapeared when bank foreclosed on my home instead of the home next door in 2011 Hardly anything was left and records were gone. I need a way to track down the attorney to get the other information regarding the Dental records by either the negligent dentist or the endodontist who extracted the lethal compound out of my teeth. Do you know if there's a data base that I can search using my name , social security number or what ever I can offer to find the attorney or dentists involved?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Medical Malpractice Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: As a starting point, one option could be to contact Washington Courts (https://www.courts.wa.gov/) and ask them about any case information they might maintain. There are a number of legal tools for searching state and federal databases (some of these charge fees for their use); these might be useful as well. If the matter was in suit (with an index no.), that could make the chances of finding it more likely.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.