Asked in Civil Rights, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas

Q: How to get my money back seized by DFW Airport Police.

On a connecting flight from Las Vegas to Dallas Texas I will stop by airport police a question about the currency I had on me that I went through TSA with in Las Vegas and they allowed me through being that I was coming from the Mirage casino with my earnings of $380,000 in my backpack that was in 3 Bank bags all hundred dollar bill currency with the $10,000 band wraps and the dates and times specifically from the casinos themselves. I had receipts of my winning tickets what's the slip IDs and the casino barcodes and everything with me along with my passport driver's license my wallet with all my debit cards and all my personal information and work information also. I miss my flight during the time of the investigation and they held me in the walkway from the plane before even leaving out of boarding for an hour and a half while questioning me and taking all my items out of my backpack and laying it out on the floor. They took my money and let me go. I want to go to Local News Channel

1 Lawyer Answer

Grant St Julian III

  • Criminal Law Lawyer
  • Dallas, TX
  • Licensed in Texas

A: Were any criminal charges filed? Were you given any paperwork? Any notice to appear ANYWHERE? Any notice of seizure? Call your lawyer. Good luck.

1 user found this answer helpful

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.