Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Texas Federal Crimes Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: Can a federal inmate file an expunction of his honest wire fraud (1st offense) BEFORE he completes his sentence on HC

He will be released Oct 2019 to home confinement until he completes his sentence April 2020. No restitution only 100.00 fine and prison term. Is there a waiting period in Texas before he can file for expunction

Gary Kollin answered on Aug 18, 2019

Thete is no procedure for a federal expunction

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Arbitration / Mediation Law, Federal Crimes and Landlord - Tenant for Texas on

Q: I have had tree individuals who have collaborated together and managed to get access to all my things legal,bank, leases

Bruce GArrison a attorney, Eden Mckenney, Hugo Salguero managed to hack into my bank account taking thousands of dollars and transferring the money directly into there personal accounts. The destroyed all Video surveillance before helping themselves to whatever they wanted including but barely... Read more »

Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Jul 31, 2019

Your story seems over-the-top but I seem to recall that there was an attorney named Bruce Garrison who was forced to give up his law license about 10 years ago in Austin so I am inclined to give you the benefit of the doubt.

The text of your question is so mixed up that I'm not even sure...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: Brady note : aggagravited assault charge Brady vs maryland : aggagravited assault charge This is what is in my

What is the outcome look like

Will cases get dropped

Gary Kollin answered on Jul 24, 2019


Based on that information, who knows? Speak to your lawyer

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: 9 years ago I stole over 10,000. I just confessed to the owner seeking forgiveness. Can charges still be sought?

Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Jul 17, 2019

There are a couple of situations where a person can be charged with a theft from 9 years ago:

(A) theft of any estate, real, personal or mixed, by an executor, administrator, guardian or trustee, with intent to defraud any creditor, heir, legatee, ward, distributee, beneficiary or settlor...
Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Business Law, Federal Crimes and Small Claims for Texas on

Q: Is it legal for a Cohabitant to take your car titleand sell it to a salvage yards? What laws were broken and by whom?

Vin number had been altered and parts were sold

Roy Lee Warren answered on Jul 13, 2019

I am assuming they did not just sell the title but the car also. If the person was not otherwise entitled as an owner to the car they had no right to sell it. The level of the theft charge (or conversion) would depend on the value of the car and how the theft occurred. Other factors that determine... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Collections and Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: Can my wife have a warrant for her arrest for not paying the rest of the bond that she cosigned on?

Even though I had gotten arrested after that and signed for my punishment for that same charge she bonded me out on?

Roy Lee Warren answered on Jul 13, 2019

No arrest would issue because it would be a civil suit to collect on the bond. Also if you ahev already pled to the case the reason for the bond has dissipated.

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Immigration Law for Texas on

Q: Should I report someone directly to immigration for the citizenship fraud or hire an attorney to that for me?

If you lied or concealed relevant facts in order to obtain U.S. citizenship, your citizenship could be revoked. This is called illegally procuring citizenship.

I know of an individual who has obtained the US citizenship just the way described above. I would like this person to get... Read more »

Paul E. Tennison answered on Jul 12, 2019

You may consult with an attorney to discuss. Citizens have the right to report suspected criminal behavior to law enforcement and allow law enforcement to investigate. I am unaware of any law that would require you to report that individual at this time, so such a decision of whether and how to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Domestic Violence and Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: Why would a lawyer purposefully and willfully purger himself during a case?

During his own statements of his own actions for the case, he described his own events. Thus, admitting to breaking procedural rules, to violating ABA ethical rules, to knowingly making false-statements (since he also attached evidence to the counter), and to willfully obstructing justice on the... Read more »

Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Jun 25, 2019

It can be difficult for any person to truly understand their own motivations so obviously we can only make assumptions about the motivations of others.

We can probably assume that if an attorney is actually testifying under oath about the facts that means there is a good chance that...
Read more »

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Civil Rights, Communications Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: Can I sue my neighbors with proff of them using a jamming device on my home security system camera?

Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Jun 20, 2019

Not in Criminal Law. I'm able to provide an answer with regard to the other listed areas of law because my focus is Criminal Law.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: Probation on felony charge?

I have a pending felony charge against me.injury to a child with intent and bodily injury. First time criminal history.the da has not offered any deals according to my attorney, nor has he looked through said attorneys probation offer.trial is coming up.what can I do to possibly just... Read more »

Gary Kollin answered on Jun 15, 2019

I will not second guess your attorney. If you do not trust your attorney then retain a new one

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Federal Crimes and Divorce for Texas on

Q: Can a no-contact order be obtained against me to keep me from my wife even though I never committed violence or threat?

I have not spoken too nor seen my wife in 15 months and suddenly, 3 weeks ago, at a hearing in my criminal case the prosecutor motioned for the order judge gave the order. He has also told my wife not to let me have anything not even a car in my name. I was falsely accused of a crime from... Read more »

Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Jun 14, 2019

The prosecutor can't issue an order... they most they can do is make a motion requesting that the judge issue an order. The judge has fairly wide discretion regarding what she can order the defendant to do (or not do) when it comes to matters of protecting an alleged victim or even the general... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Child Support, Criminal Law, Employment Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: What do I do if the company I work for is not sending correct child support payments for ordered amounts

This set me back in arrears and am in the process of getting incarcerated.

Cheryl Ann Wulf answered on May 20, 2019

I would suggest you speak to someone in the Human Resources to find out why they are not withholding the correct amount. It may be that they need a corrected withholding order or possibly you are not earning enough money for them to withhold the full amount. The income withholding order should... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: I am in the army, I had sex with a 15 year old while under the impression she was 16

She thought she was 16 too because her mother was keeping her birth certificate and other documents and was telling her she was 16. I know the ucmj age of consent is 16 but can I still get punished because I didn’t know, and what if we get married?

Kiele Linroth Pace answered on May 7, 2019

You could be charged and convicted in civilian court. This question is marked "Texas" and, in Texas, an adult who has consensual sex with a sixteen-year-old has committed the felony offense of Sexual Assault. It is a strict liability crime, which means it doesn't matter if you knew here age, or... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Civil Rights, Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: what kind of lawyer do i need to talk to when i NO THAT THE POLICE ARE LYING ABOUT WHAT HAPPEN IN A DEADLY SHOOTING?

the police shot and killed my boyfriend and what they are saying isnt true about how things went down. and i no for a fact the police stole his wallet and the money that was in it...

Gary D. Peak answered on May 6, 2019

First, what evidence do you have showing it didn't happen the way they claim? Witnesses? Video? As you see online all the time, there are video's showing law enforcement using deadly force when not necessary, or using excessive force against citizens. But, before an attorney is willing to spend... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Immigration Law for Texas on

Q: My dad is being detained and charged with reentry and is a federal case now.Is there anything that anybody can do ?

Jose M. Rocha answered on Apr 28, 2019

You should seek advise from an attorney familiar with reentry cases in federal court and immigration law. A reentry case in federal court depends on many factors to resolve, and to adequately advise you on whether anything that anybody can do to help your father. However, it is important to... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Employment Law, Federal Crimes, Tax Law and Antitrust for Texas on

Q: Who can enforce theft by an employer of employee withholdings and deductions?

This is not an isolated incident this is I believe, all employees over 5 years and at one point there was over a hundred employees. He has deducted for taxes Medicare social security child support none of which has ever been submitted to any of their respective places. I am still suffering behind... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 22, 2019

If any of these allegations are true you should report everything you know to the federal authorities responsible for maintaining these financial records; state with the Social Security Administration and the IRS.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes, Personal Injury and White Collar Crime for Texas on

Q: If a federal judge deny a complaint based on prejudice, can he or she be sued?

Roy Lee Warren answered on Mar 26, 2019

Yes they can be sued but your case would be quickly dismissed unless you can prove some egregious error because the judge has good faith immunity that is very difficult to overcome. Seldom is a suit against a federal judge successful.

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Criminal Law and Federal Crimes for Texas on

Q: How long does a United States Attorney have to file federal charges or indict a person in their custody?

In custody 31 days. Northern District of Texas/Dallas. Non of the following has taken place: read charges, no initial appearance, seen a judge, spoke with attorney or anyone else. I spoke with Federal Public Defender and Federal District Clerk and neither could find any information on him or a case... Read more »

Grant St Julian III answered on Mar 25, 2019

The Government has until the statute of limitation has expired for a particular offense to file the charging instrument with the Court.

2 Answers | Asked in Criminal Law, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Texas on

Q: if im charged with a felony fraud less then 5, does it get dismissed if the one who filed the charge is dead?

Does the dead man rule apply since it isnt a civil matter or is it not dropped sincr the state picked up the charges

Kiele Linroth Pace answered on Mar 24, 2019

Any crime could prosecuted with a dead alleged victim; not just crimes like murder and manslaughter.

The case will continue unless the prosecutor decides to seek a dismissal. That said, it is certainly possible that the prosecutor's interest in the case may decline with the death of the...
Read more »

View More Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Federal Crimes, Gov & Administrative Law and International Law for Texas on

Q: Are there any laws or cases about blind obedience to authority figures? This is for some research for an English project

We are doing our own version of a court trial both prosecuting and defending different groups of people that were responsible for the holocaust. My group is in charge of defending the SS soldiers that carried out Hitler's orders without question. For our research and to help us present our case we... Read more »

Gary Kollin answered on Feb 25, 2019

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.