Highland, CA asked in Land Use & Zoning and Landlord - Tenant for California

Q: I've been living in this house since 2014 is now 2019 I have tried to work with the landlord to fix certain things in hi

I have no heat water leaks from the ceiling the light fixtures you can cut the lights on when it rains cuz the water come through the lightbulb the world least outside I have mold in it in the garage on complete bathroom in the garage windows missing holes in the roof I've been living like this since 2014 the first landlord sold the property to a new landlord I've been on me for 1 year contract she has raised my rent from 750 to 800 she told me she refused to fix anything until I move out I have to move out in order for her to fix anything and I have to pay my debt are 500 from past due rent in order for her to fix anything and if she does it goes up to 1300 and my deposit have to be 1300 she had community action, and fix some things and she pay for it I did the footwork she had a brother-in-law come across the street and v certain things that it wasn't done right I know the statue of limitation runs out on something but I try to give a patient and do everything I could I gave her a de

1 Lawyer Answer
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
Manuel Alzamora Juarez
  • Landlord Tenant Lawyer
  • Berkeley, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: You need to hire an attorney ASAP. Best of luck.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.