Mebane, NC asked in Divorce and DUI / DWI for North Carolina

Q: I need a divorce lawyer but have no money How can I find one. I’m on disability with very limited income

I’ve been separated since 2017. I live in NC but my spouse lives in SC

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Amanda Bowden Johnson
Amanda Bowden Johnson
  • DUI & DWI Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You can potentially do it yourself somewhat for free if you are indigent and your local court provides a divorce forms packet. It is extremely difficult and confusing for most people and most basically end up wasting their time and some money trying to do it themselves. We can provide personalized divorce forms that you pretty much just sign & submit for $95 but if you can scrape together $395 there is no question having us do things for you is best. Visit our site at: to see if our service is a good fit for you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.