Atlanta, GA asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Products Liability and Civil Litigation for Mississippi

Q: Is it possible to file an injunction against defendants to request to complete destructive work for an inspection?

There is a lawsuit in court for breach of warranty due to defects that have impaired the value of the home. However, there is an area in the flooring that is has been slowly caving in. Also, it is slowly spreading out. This may be caused from potential toxic hazardous chemicals. The environmental inspection companies for toxins and chemicals may need to do destructive work to go beneath the surface of the flooring to inspect why the floor is caving in and inspect for toxins that may have been used in the material. I would think that we would need permission from defendants to conduct destructive work so I am not liable for further damages. I wanted to know what would be the most effective type of order that would need to be filed to have an order to inspect. Thank you.

1 Lawyer Answer

A: If you are wondering why you are not receiving answers from lawyers here on Justia it is because Justia is a free online legal forum established to allow members of the public to ask general legal questions to lawyers who volunteer their time, not to answer specific questions that may have very significant adverse repercussions. Any of the lawyers who post here can be contacted through this same website. Hire one that practices near you.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.