Lawyers, Answer Questions  & Get Points Log In

Mississippi Products Liability Questions & Answers

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Contracts, Products Liability and Civil Litigation for Mississippi on

Q: Is it possible to file an injunction against defendants to request to complete destructive work for an inspection?

There is a lawsuit in court for breach of warranty due to defects that have impaired the value of the home. However, there is an area in the flooring that is has been slowly caving in. Also, it is slowly spreading out. This may be caused from potential toxic hazardous chemicals. The... Read more »

Bruce Alexander Minnick answered on Apr 28, 2019

If you are wondering why you are not receiving answers from lawyers here on Justia it is because Justia is a free online legal forum established to allow members of the public to ask general legal questions to lawyers who volunteer their time, not to answer specific questions that may have very... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Consumer Law, Personal Injury, Products Liability and Health Care Law for Mississippi on

Q: Hello I am a 39 year old male and I was fed neo mull soy baby formula when I was an infant.

This formula caused serious injury and death to many babies.I now have end stage renal disease and also serious mental disorder.I wanted to know if their are any legal actions I may take against the makers of this product now that I am an adult. This formula was made in 1978-1979 by a company... Read more »

Peter N. Munsing answered on Dec 5, 2017

It would have to be proven that your renal failure was caused by the formula and no other product, through expert testimony. I don't see it, and then there's the statute of limitations issue, but for you to have some closure why not contact an attorney in your area that offers free consultations... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury, Products Liability and Civil Rights for Mississippi on

Q: I place an order at a Chinese restaurant. I informed them I was allergy to seafood, and they place shrimp on my plate.

What can I do, my order was simple: fried chicken with fried chicken rice, honey chicken with fried chicken rice, and sesame seed chicken with fried chicken rice, I told no shrimp and am allergy, but on the sesame chicken plate, that was my plate, combination rice with seafood, I can send a picture

Peter N. Munsing answered on Aug 31, 2017

Ask for a refund. I assume you didn't have anaphylactic shock. Understand you do not get a recovery for what could have happened but for what did happen.

1 Answer | Asked in Contracts, Products Liability, Federal Crimes and Identity Theft for Mississippi on

Q: Can someone get a vehicle financed but get the check in someone else's name without them knowing?

I sold the vehicle about 6 months ago but received a message today he financed it. He said the finance sent it to the bank but the check is in my name. He wants me to cash it for him. What does this mean for me? I was unaware of this till I received the message asking me to cash it for him.

Peter N. Munsing answered on Jun 12, 2017

You would know if he financed it. If you sold it you got the proceeds because it's in your name.

He should ask you just to sign the check over to him.

1 Answer | Asked in Personal Injury and Products Liability for Mississippi on

Q: Are the MDL case settlement amounts based on the bellwether trials? Are the amounts awarded an average of the settlement

I am referencing MDL 2326 vs Boston Scientific with an average of $4.6 million (5.6m average including punitive damages). My case is particularly similar having several surgeries and damages.

Peter N. Munsing answered on Nov 14, 2016

Ask your attorney. Short answer is that the first trials are usually better than average because the plaintiffs have been hand selected. MDL settlement amounts may be lower also because there is a tendency to as a whole give a little less than a jury might win. Also, on damage issues, most trials... Read more »

1 Answer | Asked in Products Liability for Mississippi on

Q: What is the statue of limitations for a prescribed drug injury in the state of Mississippi?

Amneal Alprazolam diagnosed incontinance in September 2011.

Adam T. Funk answered on Mar 25, 2014

You have three years from the date of the injury to file a lawsuit. There are other caveats that are involved so you should speak to an attorney about your case.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.