Elyria, OH asked in Divorce, Family Law, Real Estate Law and Legal Malpractice for Ohio

Q: How can my wife remove my name from our joint mortgage loan without me knowing until I found out on my own? 2162338367

I damaged my skull after falling down stairs in 2011. No drugs or alcohol tested for at the hospital. We agreed on a separation for me in an apartment because we did not want to let the kids see any seizures I might have. No separation of marriage or divorce but she said that we are separated by not living together anymore. She wants a divorce. And she also had a romantic relationship with my brother-in-law for a short amount of time. She now has a boyfriend. She is selling the house and moving into a new home on June 1st.

A month ago I did not sign a refinance in the mortgage because Wells Fargo and my wife didn't tell me why I was in the account as a contributor and I own another home. And my name on the current account was in my sig. which is not my full legal name for which I would always sign on professional documents.

For the last eight years I have been living by myself with all my income coming from my mother. I've had a few jobs that didn't last very long. Some min. pay.

1 Lawyer Answer
Denise Rini
Denise Rini
  • Cleveland, OH
  • Licensed in Ohio

A: The only recourse is to contact Wells Fargo for the bank policies.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.