San Jose, CA asked in Civil Litigation, Criminal Law, Family Law and Probate for California

Q: My mother passed away and the executer / same sex partner took away what was supposed to go to me and my sister, (a

Quarter of a miillion in stocks and a nice mobile home that after executer/ domestic partner passes away gets sold split between her two sons and me and my sister (which executer sold and gave us none of us nothing) we Trusted her ,(my mom will said if anyone trys to change my will gets nothing, she petition court and change what my mom wanted us to have, she told us the hearing had nothing to do with us she lied, shes executer shes suppossed to look out for benificiares not herself can she get in trouble for what she did, i had a attorney look over papers he looked up at me and said mam ive been doing this for forty years and im telling you these signitures are forged thats criminal no statue limittations right, what can i do about this please any advice would be appreciated, i really would like to talk to someone about the whole thing, because theres alot that she did that wasnt right.

1 Lawyer Answer
Richard Samuel Price
Richard Samuel Price
  • Probate Lawyer
  • Redlands, CA
  • Licensed in California

A: Unfortunately, your facts doen't lend themselves to an easy answer in this format.

You'll have to call a local attorney for an appointment and bring your documents for a full consultation.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.