Long Beach, CA asked in Products Liability and Business Law for California

Q: Good Afternoon, I've had a solar system on my house for approximately 4 years that is not functioning due rain damage.

I have had the system for approx 4 years. This will be the second time the inverter and control panel has filled with rain water and failed. I have been trying to get it fixed for the last 3 months. The company we lease the system from finally (after 2 months) sent out a service person. I am told, by the service company, it has filed all required reports with the leasing company but the leasing company has not authorized the repairs stating the service company hasn't provided them with reports. I have called both entities multiple times. I need legal advice on how to get them to repair my system and get it up and running\producing. I have not missed any lease payments which by contract need to be refunded the full length of time the system hasn't produced. The damage is reportedly due a faulty installation allowing rain water to enter the control panel housing frying inverter(s). I am getting the run around while paying significant dollars to the power company and for the lease.

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Products Liability Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: Your question remains open for four weeks, maybe because it was overlooked in the Product Liability heading. A California attorney would be in the best position to identify the consumer law elements under which you could pursue your remedies. A California attorney could help determine the most ideal forum based on the amount in dispute and any provisions that might apply in your installation (e.g. arbitration clauses) if it was necessary to pursue the matter in litigation or arbitration.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.