Sacramento, CA asked in Banking, Estate Planning, Municipal Law and Probate for Louisiana

Q: Hi, my dad past didn't leave a will or trust but owned property an have bank accounts what lawyer can help me with this?

I'm trying to obtain a pro bono lawyer to help assist me in gathering my dad's property house or houses an land, bank accounts, vehicles ect... An to assure all of his assets has NOT been touch sold access bank accounts or ANY ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES since the death of my dad in 2003 I feel ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES has taking place by my older sibling an her husband my dad has 2 more kids totaling 4 kids. The oldest has all of our dad's things protaining to all paperwork for his assets an won't let us get the information that's needed to start the process of dividing our inheritance how do I start this process an file the necessary documents? This has been going on for 17 year's an we want to resolve all matters protaining to what was lefted by our dad. We appreciate your feedback on this matter THANK YOU, perly Alexander jr.

1 Lawyer Answer
Bruce Alexander Minnick
Bruce Alexander Minnick
  • Estate Planning Lawyer
  • Tallahassee, FL

A: There is no such thing as a "pro bono lawyer." However, many lawyers will volunteer some of their valuable time to help out very poor folks who have very important legal problems and cannot afford to hire a lawyer.

"Gathering your father's property house or houses an land, bank accounts, vehicles ect." is not the kind of legal work that most lawyers will do for free. I suggest you gather some interested relatives and take up a collection to hire an experienced lawyer.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.