Las Vegas, NV asked in Immigration Law for Nevada

Q: Can i go back to my country to study college while waiting for my green card here in US?

btw im from the philippines

Related Topics:
2 Lawyer Answers

Kevin L Dixler

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Chicago, IL

A: Much more information is needed. How did you enter the U. S.? Have you overstayed your entry card? Have you filed for adjustment of status?

I strongly recommend an appointment with a competent and experienced immigration attorney before there are any other complications. Good luck.

Kyndra Mulder

  • Immigration Law Lawyer
  • Jacksonville, FL

A: Additional information is important.

If you are waiting on a green card through marriage and want to live apart from you spouse for an extended period of time this will raise a question as to whether your marriage is a valid marriage.

You must maintain a permanent residence in the USA while you are a student overseas. Permanent Resident means what it says.

You can apply for a re entry permit if you plan to be away for an extended period of time.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.