Dallas, TX asked in Family Law, Child Custody, Child Support and Civil Rights for Oklahoma

Q: My ex and I has never seen eye to eye since I was told by my 2 minor children step mom broke my daughters wrist and when

I showed great concern but also keeping a civil conversation out of concern for our children we have together. He just laughed and said I was making this stuff up in my head and I was dramatic and making something out of nothing. I didn’t think I was dramatic, I was emotional and crying for the safety of my kids. One weekend they went to his house and he would never give them back to me. Neither one of us had sole or 100% guardianship when we split, he thought it was best for them to stay with me and barley seen them but I still never filed child support even living in hud housing. I believed everything was fine until I had my daughter with my husband. His wife but gf at that time swore up and down my 3rd child was also my older twos dads kid. Demanded a DNA bc they looked alike. Maybe bc their related but I swabbed her cheek and the proof came back my husband was the daddy not him. Now he has filed child support on me I was paying until I lost my job. He won’t let me talk or see them

1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa Oxford
Melissa Oxford
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I recommend consulting a lawyer any time you believe your child may be suffering abuse when they are not in your care to determine your options and if you have any duty to report same.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.