Bartlesville, OK asked in Criminal Law and Family Law for Oklahoma

Q: 2 minors knowingly left with household with unreported child molester : who should be reported and to which agency(s)?

The Oklahoma non-custodial parent became aware his ex-wife left their two boys, 8 and 11, for a week with her sister, an RN, whose 18 y.o. son, a few years earlier, had been found to have sexually abused the minor children of a relative and a neighbor, also an RN. The families agreed not to take any action. At the time, the parents of the 2 boys swore they would never leave their sons in that home.

Related Topics:
1 Lawyer Answer
Melissa  Webb
Melissa Webb
  • Tulsa, OK
  • Licensed in Oklahoma

A: I recommend non-custodial parent discuss with an attorney to determine if there is a duty to report and in the event he wants to pursue a modification of child custody based on these circumstances.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.