Carthage, NC asked in Child Custody, Child Support and Family Law for North Carolina

Q: I am married disabled women with 2 children that was abandoned by my husband , is spousal support available for me?

We moved here in N.C on 5/2018 from Md. and my husband sent us ahead to a rental property that he was supposed to accompany us when he found employment but instead ask for an divorce again after reconciliation when he had abandoned us before in Md.

1 Lawyer Answer
Angela L. Haas
Angela L. Haas
  • Divorce Lawyer
  • Raleigh, NC
  • Licensed in North Carolina

A: You should be entitled to spousal support, if he has any disposable income after meeting his reasonable monthly expenses, and you have not committed adultery. The sooner you file an action for Post-separation support and alimony, the better.

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.