Anderson, SC asked in Personal Injury, Consumer Law and Construction Law for South Carolina

Q: Extreme damage under our home caused by our Air & Heating Company not doing their job, causing me worse health issues.

We hired a contractor to fix a floor inside our home. Once floor was opened up, he found that our air conditioner Duct work was not hooked up to the main unit. When he went under our home he found went insulation, White and Black Mold, floors that need to be replaced. I have tried to reach out to the company by sending them copies of what the contractor found along with the photos. I have not heard anything from them as far as the paperwork I sent with their Tech. or emails I have written. I have bad headaches, Fibromyalgia and have tripped over the board we had to put down on the floor where it was sinking in. This has caused my left knee a lot of pain. Have a doctor appt. for this coming up. We spent all the money we had in our savings to fix the floor, some of the insulation repair and hooking the Duct work back up that was down. My home has been causing me to be sick from what is under our home. Can you help me to find an attorney?

1 Lawyer Answer
Tim Akpinar
Tim Akpinar
  • Construction Law Lawyer
  • Little Neck, NY

A: I'm sorry about the health problems you are experiencing, and the state of the HVAC system in your home. You ask for help in finding an attorney. You could search for South Carolina attorneys in the Find a Lawyer section of this website, you could look into the resources of the South Carolina Bar, you could conduct searches on your own on the Internet, or you could use other resources. Also try contacting local and other government public health resources to inquire whether your financial condition after exhausting savings on the floor repair might qualify you for any type of emergency assistance/relief in light of the health hazard you describe. Good luck.

Tim Akpinar

Justia Ask a Lawyer is a forum for consumers to get answers to basic legal questions. Any information sent through Justia Ask a Lawyer is not secure and is done so on a non-confidential basis only.

The use of this website to ask questions or receive answers does not create an attorney–client relationship between you and Justia, or between you and any attorney who receives your information or responds to your questions, nor is it intended to create such a relationship. Additionally, no responses on this forum constitute legal advice, which must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case. You should not act upon information provided in Justia Ask a Lawyer without seeking professional counsel from an attorney admitted or authorized to practice in your jurisdiction. Justia assumes no responsibility to any person who relies on information contained on or received through this site and disclaims all liability in respect to such information.

Justia cannot guarantee that the information on this website (including any legal information provided by an attorney through this service) is accurate, complete, or up-to-date. While we intend to make every attempt to keep the information on this site current, the owners of and contributors to this site make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to from this site.